How SCRIP helps YOU and DPYH
SCRIP is an incredible fundraising tool. Members will earn money towards their skater’s fees just by using gift cards to pay for your everyday purchases. Each gift card has a rebate ranging from 1.5% to 15%. You can earn rebates all year round!
90% of the rebate earnings go towards offsetting your skater’s fees
10% of the rebate earnings go to the association to help pay for the SCRIP program administration and support the DPYH program.
What is SCRIP?
SCRIP is voluntary program. You purchase gift cards for popular retailers at www.shopwithscrip.com and then use them for your everyday purchases. From dining to vacation…grocery to home improvement…gas to electronics. You earn rebates that are applied towards your skater fees and our organization.
How SCRIP generates revenue for you:
You will make a profit of anywhere from 1.5% to 15%+ on every scrip item you purchase! DPYH is giving 90% of this fundraiser back to the participating families towards your hockey fees for the next year! 10% will go to DPYH to cover the costs of this program and support DPYH. SCRIP is a fantastic fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Your family’s rebate earnings will be used against future hockey fees.
How do I order SCRIP?
Go Raise Right website: https://www.raiseright.com/
- Set up your own personal account
- Contact your SCRIP Coordinator to get the online code needed to register.
- Next, sign-up for Presto Pay, which handles the withdrawal of funds from your bank account to pay for your scrip purchases. This payment service, managed by Great Lakes Scrip Center, is similar to PayPal and allows for the direct, electronic payment of your scrip purchases, rather than paying DPYH.
- Complete the Presto Pay registration form and agree to the terms of service, select "Yes" and "I agree".
- Next, enter your checking or savings account information. Complete the account verification process.
When you place an order for scrip online, it will be held until the coordinator releases the association's combined order. Your order will be on its way to DPYH for distribution to you. Orders are generally received 7 or 10 days after being released by the coordinator.
How often does DPYH release orders for scrip?
Orders for physical scrip cards are placed every other Sunday. Your order must be entered by noon on the day DPYH places the group order. A calendar reminder is set up on the league calendar the Saturday before the order is due.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY SCRIP?
The physical SCRIP cards are shipped or picked up by DPYH and then distributed to DPYH members. SCRIP are typically ready in approximately 10 business days after the DPYH order is placed. When the scrip order arrives, the coordinator will contact you, and make arrangements to meet and distribute your cards (typically at a hockey practice).
As an added convenience more and more merchants are being added to the "reloadable" category and the "scrip now" category. This means that for these cards you can order when ever you need and not have to pick anything up!