Coaching Info & Requirements
Applying to be a Coach
Coaches are a key to running our organization! DPYH is always looking for volunteers that are interested in helping develop youth hockey players for the organization. To get started, please fill use the link to complete the coaching application. This application indicates to the coaching selection group (Director of Hockey/ACE and Operations Committee) that you are interested in a coaching position and at which age levels.
Note: All coaches must fill out an application each season in order to be considered for a coaching position.
Below is a list of requirements from DPYH, USA Hockey, and WAHA (Wisconsin Amateur Hockey Association) that need to be completed in order to be a coach with DPYH.
- Complete DPYH Coaching Application - (Annual Application - Due in June)
- Register as a Coach for USA Hockey - (Annual Renewal - Due Sept. 30)
- Complete USA Hockey SafeSport Certification - (Renew/Refresh Every Year - Due Sept. 30)
- Complete USA Hockey Background Screening - (Renew Every Year - Due Sept. 30)
- Complete USA Hockey Age Specific Module- (Specific to Age Level - Due Sept. 30)
- Complete USA Hockey Coaching Clinic - (Specific to Age Level - Must Complete Clinic by Dec. 31)