2019 will be the inaugural year of the De Pere Youth Hockey “Spring House Hockey League.” From March 18 – April 24 on Mondays & Wednesdays, De Pere Youth Hockey (DPYH) is planning to offer a house hockey league where the focus will be on 6 weeks of playing hockey games at De Pere Ice Arena. Separate sessions will be offered based on birth year, and players will be divided into even teams by DPYH coaching staff after an initial practice session.
Given inaugural nature of this league, minimum and maximum # of players (and coaches) are needed, so sessions are subject to change. Below are the times and preliminary details.
DPYH members will be able to register first, with registration opening to all organizations on February 24th.
2019/20 7-8 yr old Mites:
Jersey turn in is 4/24! Please turn your jersey in that day even if you don't plan on being at practice.
Registration is closed.
· A great way to improve your skills, stay sharp, and have fun skating with GIRLS!
· NEW for 2019! - 3 different groups available according to age and experience
· Sessions will be 50 minutes – 30 minutes of station based skating and skills followed by 20 minutes of 3 vs 3
· Maximum of 36 skaters and 4 goalies
· Coaches will include High School, NCAA and USA Hockey coaches and players.
· 6 on-ice sessions Wednesdays March 13, 20, (OFF March 29), April 3, 10, 17, 24
· 6:00 – 6:50 PM Group 1 – Beginner or 2011 birth year and younger
· 7:00 – 7:50 PM Group 2 – Intermediate 2008 – 2010 birth years
· 8:00 – 8:50 PM Group 3 – Advanced 2005 – 2007 birth years
· Goalies attend FREE!
This is a GREAT way for girls with limited or no previous hockey experience to give hockey a try, as well as experienced skaters looking to stay on the ice this spring and improve their skills in a fun, developmentally focused environment.
Equipment is available upon request for beginners.
Registration is open for Hornet Hockey. The deadline to register is March 8, 2019.
Jay Boxer - Director
Gain fundamental skills and broad knowledge of the sport for all age levels. Co-ed camps and clinics focus on team play, positional play, defensive play, strengthening individual skills, and plenty of on-ice instruction in power skating, shooting, passing, puck protection, breakout patterns, and more. Off-ice programming includes stickhandling, passing, shooting, dryland games and challenges as well as video and lecture.
Birth Years 2004 - 2010 - there's a camp for everyone! They are at 50% capacity already, so register soon if you want to go.